Wednesday 5 December 2012

5 Panel Illustration of A Newly Learned Skill: French Strawberry Tart


For our most recent project, we were instructed to go out, learn a new skill, and record the process by which we learned said skill. I chose to learn how to make a French Strawberry Tart! - mainly because the wee ones at the farmer's market always look way too delicious. We were then told to illustrate this process in five 60 x 60 mm panels in Adobe Illustrator (woo!). 

The process I've illustrated is as follows:

1. Research: scouring all tart recipes on Pinterest for the best looking one.
2. Preparation: collection of necessary ingredients.
3. Reading and understanding the method prior to attempting the tart.
4. Attempting the tart.
5. Success!









10 comments:

  1. these are wonderful! i love the artist you posted for inspiration too. her work is awesome.

    L x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! Yeah, aren't his drawings incredible? I was blown away when I discovered them.

      Delete
  2. So cool, love the graphics and the smooth, bold repetition on the final image as well as your choice of colours. The minute details and exactness of the typography are also really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing the "minute details and exactness," hahah! A lot of this illustration was spent trying to perfectly align everything, including the typography.

      Delete
  3. this is lovely your compositions are great, it reminds me of a more modern version of the excellent game that was cooking mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Emily! It took a while to get the compositions just right. I'm unfamiliar with the game, but it sounds interesting haha.

      Delete
  4. This looks so great Ashleigh! The pictures are making me want to eat Strawberry tart right now! I think it is the delicious use of colour.. might have to try making it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashleigh! You DA BOSS at illustrator! oh my GOOooooooooodddddd. I like this whole recipe thing you got going on, you could make an entire cookery book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah! Thanks, man! Yeah, I'm planning on doing some more recipe illustrations soon, which could very well turn into a cook book... it just sounds like so much fun.

      Delete